Saturday, February 21, 2009

AM Progress Reel....


Hey guys... I know it's been a long time since the last post but i promise i will keep it up :P

I just wanted to let you all know that I stopped AM after Class 2 for personal reasons and even if they were only 6 months in campus.. i had a blast there.. learning.. overlearning.. and getting inspired and challenged every day... I also wanted to upload my progress reel... which "almost" got me a gig at Blue Sky... it was a BUMMER that the US work permit only was allowing Canadian Citizens.. and not permanent residents... well... I will be citizen in about 2 months so I won't stop my "feature film" goal! :D

Thanx for watching and reading.

7 comments:

g1toons said...

just checked out the chevisodes test, looks fun looking forward to the other episodes, nice worl

Daniel Huertas said...

thanx man!! see you around :)

Bruno Andrade said...

Hi Daniel, saw your blog on the splinedoctors contest. Your animation is pretty solid, congrats. I went to AM myself, stopped in class 5.
I´m getting my head around doing something for spline doctors as well, that dialogue is too good to pass on hehe.
Question: you made that rig that you used in the AM exercices? looks nice.

cheers bro and good luck, Im sure your stuff is going to rock.

Daniel Huertas said...

Cheers Bruno! thanx for your kind words.. yeah it was pretty fun to animate Christian Bale's audio clip.. a bit tiring to listen over and over.. but it was ok :)

the Farmer character i used on my AM assignments is made for 3dsmax which i feel more comfortable with and it was created for a side project called "chevisodes" with some animator friends from here..

all the best man! and good luck!

Fernando Zarur Brandi said...

cool stuff! I also got the link from the spline doctors site. I really like the soccer player! You got me curious to see your C. Bale piece.

all the best!!

Erik Westlund said...

Very nice work Daniel. I'm glad to read you've had a chance to develop your skills further through Animation Mentor. The fact that you love what you do shows in your work.

Aaron Hartline said...

Nice work Daniel, I especially like the ball in your obstacle course. Great timing of it skidding out and hitting the wall.

Keep up the great work. I'll make sure to come by and check in on your blog from time to time.